Friday 23 November 2012

Final piece - Bridge poster - Nick Higgins & Kosuke Ikeda

At the end of unit 2, I have produced using the methods and examples of the previous examples from Nick Higgins and Kosuke Ikeda, my idea for the theme of 'bridges'. Using softwares such as Illustrator and Photoshop to construct this piece, using the vector drawings for my response of Nick Higgins, textures and type. I have produced a poster representing Hong Kong bridges and buildings. Using techniques of overlays on the duplicated vector drawings, and positioned behind the coloured buildings, placing the bridges and buildings to make sure they fit well with each other.

Below is my idea from the inspiration of Kosuke Ikeda, using the same repetitive patterned buildings from my last example. I have distorted the image's perspective so the outer edge is bold and closer to the viewer. Within the inner edge of the piece, I have highlighted a grey border, in between the buildings is the type word "gap", this came from the homework the class was given that related to the theme. We had to think of words/type that related to bridges such as gap, cross, connect etc.





No comments:

Post a Comment